Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Febreeze it

CJ got into to some smelly fun yesterday. Mind you he is 3 now. I was cooking dinner and he went into the bathroom. Now I know he isn't going potty - he refuses. When I got a moment I walked towards the door. All I hear is shhhhhh....shhhhh...shhhhhh... and something dropped.

Huh, now dead silence. I am thinking he knows he is caught. My guess is he is standing there looking at what I assumed was an empty aerosol can.


Yup, he took the can of Febreeze air freshener and had doused the bathroom in it. The walls were full of graffiti. The rug on the floor soaked, the tile floor slick as ice, you get the idea. As I grabbed the can he says "Mommy smell, yummy". The fumes were nauseating ... um, yummy?

It's been over 16 hours ... I scrubbed the bathroom, washed the rug and towels, opened the window and guess what ... the smell is still permeating the inside of my nose.

1 comment:

Rhyeralwaysknows said...

I have two distinct words of wisdom to offer you on this matter.

First... Febreeze is potent and not to be taken lightly. In the future, I suggest keeping it locked away to prevent these kinds of incidents. A liquor cabinet perhaps?

Second... The scent of Febreeze clinging to your nose may, in fact, turn out to be a blessing. You might have to endure a terrible scent in the future, and the Febreeze will have the power to neutralize it before it reaches your brain.]

This in fact, proves my first point quite well. The power of Febreeze could quite likely contribute to its illicit use, thus the wise keep it safely locked away.