Thursday, September 18, 2008

eye of the storm

I know you all know what I'm talking about

the calm between the storm? when you know it's coming but just don't know when? Waiting anxiously for it to hit?

Ahhhh, last night. The eye of the storm was just too calm. There is normally no peace until CJ and Carter are asleep. I live for the chaos so please don't misunderstand.
All the:
"uh,Mommy","I want juice","I'm hungry","OUTSIDE!" and the squealing, tumbling, knocking each other over, not sharing, fighting over bikes, climbing on each other was non-existent.

I was a bit leery but figured the boys had a tiring day - they spent quite some time at the park with Grandma and our nanny Anna.

BATH TIME ...

CJ "ahhh, mommy bath?"
Me "yes, mommy bath tonight"

Woo hoo - we all run up the stairs and walk down the hall. It becomes a very long walk for CJ ... he is slowly staggering ...

TAKE COVER - BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES

CJ and I struggle - He is verbally and physically clear in NO WAY does he want a bath! I try to put him in - he swings legs back out - stiff as a board - try again - kicks the water and trys to climb back out. By this time I tell him, you are dirty and need a bath - even if you have to stand up .... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - standing screaming I take a cup to pour water over his head - whack - it is out of the ballpark folks ... I mean the entire bathroom wet - I try again - whack - I'm drenched

FYI: In the end he was clean

1 comment:

Rhyeralwaysknows said...

And, in the end, so were both you and the bathroom! From chaos, order. This is symmetry.