Thursday, October 2, 2008

co-worker

Co-worker - Why oh why must you linger at my desk?

Can you hear me on the phone? Of course you can, it is obliviously business related.

But yet, you plant yourself hanging over my cube. Arms resting on top of the cube and chin firmly resting on your arms.

I motion to you with my hand. You don't budge.

I look over at you, during my conversation, and whisper give me a few minutes.

You don't move. Are your deaf?

Ok, I turn my back to you and continue my conversation. I peer out of the corner of my eye ... damn, you are still there.

Now, if this wasn't a very important call I might of given you the 'get me off the phone' motions. You know, the finger gun to the head, the paper clip to the wrist, wrapping the cord around my neck ...

Please back away from my desk. I won't forget about you, promise. I will come running over to you to see what was so extremely important that you had the need to stalk me.

No comments: